Here is an update from the Pensions Regulator for the month of June 17.
Declaration of compliance report July 2012 – end May 2017
May 2017 figures were published. Headline figures are:
- 598,126 employers have automatically enrolled job holders
- 7,997,000 job holders enrolled into automatic enrolment pension schemes
- 15,322 employers have automatically re-enrolled job holders
- 435,000 jobholders re-enrolled into automatic enrolment pension schemes
Spotlight on AE
- TPR begins AE employer spot checks nationwide
- Stat of the month: 587,000
- Hot topic: Re-enrolment
TPR to begin spot checks across the UK
The Pensions Regulator has begun auto-enrolment spot checks across the country including:
Minimum contribution increases – letters being sent to all employers
TPR will be writing to all employers between now and the end of the year to tell them about the planned increases in contributions which will take place in April 2018 and April 2019. You can download a copy of the letter on our website.