The increase in the National Minimum Wage and Living Wage came into effect on 1st April. If you have employees’ currently on Furlough, these new rates must be applied to their pay. The government will continue to cover 80% of the employee’s total wage, including the new increase.
The full set of rates can be seen below:
- National Living Wage for those aged 25 and over will increase to £8.72 an hour
- National Minimum Wage for those aged 21 to 24 is increasing to £8.20 an hour
- National Minimum Wage for those aged 18 to 20 is increasing to £6.45 an hour
- National Minimum Wage for those aged under 18 is increasing to £4.55 an hour
- The rate for apprentices is increasing to £4.15 per hour